Thursday, September 4, 2008

Acai Side Effects

I'm always suspicious when something seems all good, but there weren't many comments about negative side effects on the internet regarding the acai berry. Digestive reactions were mentioned by a couple of people but some found it was constipating and one found it was too loosening.

Another person was concerned about blood clots, strokes or blood thickening due the vitamin K. From reading more it seems that several leafy, green vegetables have more Vitamin K than acai berries and that shouldn't be a concern.

I don't believe there is "one" perfect food, but do find supplements that are high in antioxidants give me more energy at work and some security against cancer. I am not sure about the weight loss claims but that is not an issue I have.

No comments: